Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Lent Day 5 . . . and 6: Go, Feed America

I think we see now why I'm so bad at this blogging thing.

So, yesterday's charity--which I forgot to give to yesterday, but gave to early this morning--is the Go Campaign, which, interestingly enough, is powered by youth, committed to helping other youth who are poverty. One of my biggest pet peeves in life is people who think that kids can't accomplish anything, simply because they're kids. Charities like this prove what a load of hogwash that is, and I'm so glad they exist.

Today's charity is Feeding America, which is exactly what it sounds like . . . a charity committed to providing food to those in our own country who have difficult putting food on the table. Despite being possibly the richest nation in the world, we have serious poverty problem here in our own backyard, and only when we recognize that it exists can we do something about it.

I gave $35 to yesterday's charity, and $25 to today's. Follow the links above to find out more.

See you tomorrow (assuming I remember . . .)

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment