Saturday, February 27, 2010

Lent Day 9 and 10: Oxfam and Heifer

I spent a good chunk of Friday afternoon driving to Cleveland in a snowstorm, and the remainder of the evening trapped in Cleveland because of said snowstorm, so I was stuck without my list of charities. So here are yesterday's and today's charities.

Oxfam International is kind of a blanket organization with a number of different projects geared toward solving the world's problems. It's yet another organization looking for innovated solutions, particularly looking at ways to help communities support themselves. I donated $20 to them. Today's organization has become fairly well-known, and is one of my favorites: Heifer International. Here, you can buy animals or shares of animals that will be given to needy families. Chickens, pigs, cows, llamas, and many more. I bought a $20 share of a llama.

And that brings us to Sunday #2. See you all on Monday!

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment