Saturday, August 15, 2009

9 days before - I stole $2 worth of silverware from Wal-mart

So, I had to make a trip to Wal-mart today, to sell my soul for some apartment supplies, like a shower curtain and a dish rack . . . and knives. I discovered that somewhere during my last major move (from my old apartment to my parents' house) I managed to misplace all but two of my knives, while keeping all eight or nine of my forks and spoons. Weird, right? Anyway, I needed knives, so among the approximately $155 dollars worth of stuff I bought today, I picked up two bundles of knives for a dollar each.

When I was giving all my stuff to the lady checking me out, I forgot to include the knives. They kind of blend in with the material of the cart, see. But I didn't realize this until I had already swiped my card, and I didn't really want to make her redo everything, so I just left them there and kept quiet, and she didn't notice. So yeah, I stole two dollars worth of silverware from Wal-mart. Seeing as how I've given them over two hundred dollars over the past couple days, I'm not feeling terribly bad about it.

My apartment is looking more and more like an apartment. I finally finished unpacking everything this morning. I still need to pick up a few things, but most of them can wait. (Like, until I have some more money.) Still no internet, so I'm posting this from a coffee shop in town with free wireless. I might be making nightly trips here until I get around to calling Time Warner. Unfortunately, their office won't be open until Monday . . . which is also when my boring seminars start. So, we'll see.

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment