Thursday, July 9, 2009

46 days before - Books

Okay, so for today's blog, I'm gonna give you a run down of the books I'm reading right now.

Christopher Moore's Fool, which is a retelling of Shakespeare's King Lear from the point of view of Lear's fool, Pocket. Quite tongue-in-cheek, of course.

Clive Barker's Abarat, which I actually just finished this afternoon, so I'm moving to the sequel, Days of Magic, Nights of War. It's a story of a magical group of islands, one for each hour of the day. So on one island it's always three in the afternoon, and on one it's always six in the morning, and one it's always midnight . . . and like that. The creatures on these islands are quite imaginative. These books are reminding me of why I like fantasy.

Rick Riordan's The Last Olympian, the fifth (and I believe last) book in his Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, which puts the Greek myth characters in the twenty-first century and follows Percy, a young demigod trying to save the world from the Titans.

Piers Anthony's Hope of Earth, third in the Geodyssey series, for the next favorite books review. It's about the history of mankind, told from the point of view of a family reborn throughout history.

Scott Westerfeld's Extras, fourth in his Uglies trilogy, about what happens to the world after the events of the first three books.

And . . . like that.

-Matt

1 comment: