Wednesday, July 1, 2009

54 days before - Not an Open Letter This Time!

At my sister's behest, I've opened an account on LiveJournal.

I know, 'cause I don't enough social networking sites, right?

Anyway, here's the deal. A lot of writers give advice, and a lot of it kind of contradicts, because they're basically telling you what worked for them, and that might not work for everyone. However, two pieces of advice are pretty much consistent. 1) Read a lot, and 2) write every day.

I read a lot. No problem there.

It's the "write every day" thing where I kind of fail.

So, I've opened a LiveJournal account and launched WRED (WRite Every Day), which is kind of a combination of B/Vlog Every Day [insert month or event here]--oh, Maureen Johnson, what have you wrought?--and NaNoWriMo. But instead of blogging, I'll be writing stuff. Maybe a portion of a larger work, maybe fanfiction, or maybe just some fun story that occurred to me. Every day. Notice it's just write every day, so there's no ending point to it yet. We'll see how this goes.

If this interests you at all . . . you can go here and check out the kind of weird stuff that goes on in my head.

That's all. Just another shameless self-promotion.

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment