Monday, June 8, 2009

77 days before -

I asked my sister what I should write this blog about. (I know ended that sentence in a preposition. Forgive me.) She told me two things. 1) Wanting an elephant for Christmas. 2) 13, the musical.

So, first . . . I would like an elephant for Christmas . . . except, you know, not really . . . because that would involve an awful lot of poop. Maybe a puppy-sized elephant. Speaking of which, Natalie and Calvin are just adorable.

And second, Cassie introduced me to a new musical by Jason Robert Brown, who also wrote the music for Parade, The Last Five Years, and Songs for a New World. It's called 13. Or possibly Thirteen. I'm honestly not sure. Anyway, it didn't run long, and it isn't touring (yet) but it's basically about . . . well, turning 13. It's the type of story you'd find in a young adult fiction novel, and the music (as you would expect from something by Jason Robert Brown) is amazing, the lyrics more so. I've only listened to half the soundtrack at this point.

Anyway, yeah . . . it was the first official day of break today, I had nothing much to do except work on my brother's hypothetical graduation present. It was muggy and rainy and very, very Monday. I was planning on running today, but . . . well, it was muggy and rainy and very, very Monday, so I didn't. Maybe tomorrow.

And that pretty much exhausts blog topics for today. I'm going to go eat ice cream and then be Hugo Young. Byes!

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment