Thursday, June 4, 2009

81 days before - Thursday

Today's Thursday. Which means it's my day to make a video for ShinyHappyVloggyPPL. And, as sometimes happens, I have barely any time.

Today was my last IEP tutoring sessions with my fourth grade student, Megan, who suffers from muscular dystrophy. I plan to tutor her in music over the summer, because she really wants to play drums in the band next year. At the moment, her biggest obstacle in achieving this goal is the fact that the band room is located on the third floor of the middle school.

Anyway, I had that all morning. It being the last day, we didn't do much . . . colored a bit and played a game of chess that ended in stalemate. Then I met with my brother and his friend Kelsey so we could pick a song for them to sing this Sunday when they recognize the graduates. After that, I had a window of about an hour or so to eat lunch and quickly edit and upload the video I had filmed on the drive to Megan's, because in the afternoon I had a two hour rehearsal for a show/presentation I'm in in a few weeks, followed by a reading lesson, followed by the family going out to see Angels and Demons. (Full review forthcoming, but first impression is that it's basically a watered-down version of the book, though with the same amount of suspense.)

The video did get uploaded . . . somehow or other, it always does. But it's been a long day, and I'm quite glad that my schedule tomorrow is comparatively light.

So . . . how was your day?

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment