Sunday, June 7, 2009

78 days before - Tony Awards, Graduation, and Henry V

Hey all. It's half past midnight, so this is going to be a quick one. It comes in three parts.

PART 1: My brother is now officially a high school graduate. The ceremony was short, due to the lack of speeches. (No one submitted one.) So anyway, yeah . . . the last of the Guion siblings has passed through Hillsdale high school. And my parents are old enough to have three high school graduates as kids.

PART 2: The Tony Awards were tonight. I wasn't terribly enthusiastic about anything this year. I'm thrilled that Angela Lansbury won her fifth Tony, I enjoyed the juxtaposition of "Tonight" and "Luck Be A Lady" at the beginning, and Liza Minelli still can't sing. Oh, and Neil Patrick Harris was an amazing host, but local news cut off the end of his song, so I'm kinda pissed about that. Oh, well . . . I'm sure I'll find it on YouTube.

PART 3: My sister berated me for not mentioning that we saw her in a production of Shakespeare's Henry V a couple nights ago . . . so I'm doing so now. She was in Henry V. We saw it. It was good. There.

I'm tired and going to bed now. G'night!

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment